Tuesday, February 15, 2011

xtranormal

xtranormal is a text to movie site

I first found out about it through a friend's link on facebook that explained Quantative Easing. For such a serious subject, I couldn't stop giggling. But even more importantly, I learned. I now *understand* Quantative Easing. To a point...as much as anybody can.



I then made a xtranormal clip that followed the text of a blog that I follow..it was funny, I enjoyed it, and it was fun to make.



I have most recently used it in my classroom to make videos that grab the students' attention. Here is my most recent:




Unlike other sites I have shared, this one isn't free for everybody. However, if you send xtranormal a message letting them know you are a teacher they will give you free xp points (which are required to publish a movie, you can make and preview movies for free)...when those points run out, they will give you more. So that's cool.

I had originally wanted to have student have the ability to make their own movies. Sadly enough, the movie that is on the front page of their website currently is NOT school friendly. Funny...but not school friendly.

My advice is to check it out. Used sparingly, I think it is a unique way to grab the attention of your class. And...it's fun/addictive to use!

No comments: