Wednesday, April 6, 2011

SpicyNodes - Presentation Tool

I like Prezi...quite a bit. That being said, I also like to have a virtual arsenal (yes...I said arsenal) of presentation tools at my disposal.

My latest and greatest find is SpicyNodes. I have to be honest - I don't like the name. I'm not sure why, but it just sounds...wrong.

What I do like about it is it's non-linear method of mind-mapping delivery. Let me try to explain. Prezi is non-linear, and it can be a very good mind-mapping tool. In order to be effective, you really do need to have the "big picture" in mind when making a presentation with Prezi.

SpicyNodes, on the other hand, is more of a web-style mind map. The viewer can manipulate through the preso in any order they would like (so it wouldn't be as good for a chronological sort of lesson), and always get back to the home bubble to start over.

So...here is one I played around with. There is a free version available, as well as premier features for paid members.

No comments: